Red Lentil Soup
I don’t really have that much to say about this soup, other than the fact that you should make it because it’s delicious!
(How’s that for a no-frills intro? lol).
Pair soup with a whole wheat roll for a light, balanced dinner. BTW, lentils are a great source of protein and folate, a B-vitamin needed for carbohydrate utilization and blood cell synthesis.
Happy lentil soup making!
Red Lentil Soup
This red lentil soup is a delicious summer soup. I hope you enjoy!
Servings: 10 servings
- Avocado oil (or other high-heat oil), for sautéing
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 to 1½ cups)
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, minced
- Pinch of salt
- Pepper to taste
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- One 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 3 large carrots, chopped (2 cups)
- 1 medium russet potato, cut into large chunks (1 cup)
- 1 medium yellow zucchini, chopped (1½ cups)
- ¼ cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1 cup red lentils, dry
- A few stalks fresh parsley, roughly chopped, plus more for topping
- Avocado, for topping (optional)
- Crushed red pepper flakes, for topping (optional)
- Sauté onion and garlic in avocado oil in a large pot over a medium-high flame. Season with salt and pepper.
- When onions are golden, add water, vegetable broth and tomato sauce to pot. Mix. Add carrots, potato, zucchini, chives and uncooked lentils. Mix.
- Bring soup to boil; reduce to simmer. Add parsley. Allow soup to simmer for about 30 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Serve topped with avocado, crushed red pepper flakes and parsley.
Did you make this recipe? Please rate and comment below. I’d love to hear how it went for you!
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to subscribe to The Artsy Palate so that you can stay up to date with my latest recipes and nutrition tips! Subscribe by entering your email address below. As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or comments! Follow The Artsy Palate (@theartsypalate) on Instagram for more! <3
3 thoughts on “Red Lentil Soup”
very nice publish, i definitely love this website, carry on it